How to use this site
Use this site to continue the discussions started at the Museum 3.0 Workshop, 13-14 May 2008. Here, you can:
- contribute to any or all of the the Action Group discussions
- share your thoughts and propose your own ideas
- revisit Museum 3.0 through looking at fotos, videos and podcasts from the event.
All staff have been invited to join key Action Groups, which will drive an agenda for change at the Australian Museum:
1) Click on the 'Groups' link above to find and join an Action Group.
2) Add to any of the ongoing Discussion Forums in the Group sections. Feel free to start a new Discussion thread if you wish!
3) Please comment on the issues, rather than individuals.
For more help see the Forum below.
What we want each group to do
By 30 May we need you to:
1) Set up a meeting - either physical or using this site
2) Decide on a Convenor
3) Look at the draft CSP (this was circulated prior to the event and is also posted on the Discussion Forum below)
4) Revisit the outcomes of your Museum 3.0 group and where they might fit the CSP
5) Consider whether the wording of the CSP needs to be changed to embrace the group's overall objectives
6) Develop a range of actions for both the next 12 months and the next 2-5 years, with one action to be cost-neutral
7) Select those that your group agrees should be part of the CSP
8) Identify any other actions the group would like the Executive to consider (eg over 10 years) and an appropriate Executive member for each
9) Identify budget implications, including ball park figures where available.
Each group should decide on where they meet and the life of their group. Please consider minimising paper and email - if you meet in s&d you can add your notes directly to this website.
We have added an Executive member to each group (where there wasn't one) to:
* enable clear communication between Action Groups and the whole Executive
* help ensure the fit between the actions, the CSP and next budget cycle.
Why such a tight deadline? We need to present the CSP to the June Trust meeting as well as the 08/09 budget - plus we don't want to lose the momentum!